BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Worlds apart

The alarm hit 5.30 ! My heart and head groans to greet the painful morning. The event was really remarkable- that is the fact that I am awake such early in the morning. Though my intentions were not to pray like most of my friends today is special because I am going to school.
School is the place I grew up, a place where I thought most of the evil things of this world will come to harm. As a teacher now ( going to be), I see things from a different perspective when my footsteps hit the school compound. I no longer see a sea of friends and classmates but rather students that look alike. I no longer see teachers whom I respect but colleagues that work in the same profession. I no longer see the canteen as a place to hang out but only a place to eat. I see the classroom not like a home but job. I no longer see the system as ignorance but a pain in the neck. I see a different world

0 comments: